The Norwegian Clean Seas Association for Operating Companies (NOFO) has a single strategic goal: To ensure that oil recovery preparedness is always dimensioned in keeping with the needs and contingency plans of the operating companies.
The Norwegian model
Since its establishment in 1978, NOFO has endeavoured to become a recognised and leading oil recovery organisation. We have achieved that goal. Norway ranks among the best in the world an other countries look to us when it comes to oil recovery preparedness.
NOFO conducts around 100 exercises each year and, two to three times a year, we conduct exercises that involve several hundred people and 30-50 vessels. These exercises involve the entire organisation and are intended to prepare every single participant by simulating realistic scenarios.
THIS IS NOFO
- A member organisation for operators on the Norwegian Continental Shelf
- Headquarters in Sandnes, office in Hammerfest, five bases and two depots along the Norwegian coast
- 34 employees
- Handles courses, preparedness and technology development, and prepare courses for the members, and others
- Part of the national preparedness model that combines public as well as other private oil spill response resources
- NOFO holds the chariman position in Global Response Network (GNR). The GRN consists of organisations from around the world who specialise in oil spill response.
- Read the report for Oil on water 2018 here:
Oil on Water report 2018
Vision and goals
NOFO's vision: NOFO is to become a recognised, leading, effective an robust oil recovery organisation.
Our primary strategic goal is to ensure that oil recovery preparedness is dimensioned at all times in keeping with the needs of the operating companies and contingency plans.
Our most important goal is to carry out our work in a safe and responsible manner that does not result in harm to personell, excessive damage to the environment or material assets.
Board of Directors
Eni Norge AS
Repsol Expl. Norge AS
Stein Arild Tonning
Faroe Petroleum Norge AS
Philippe F. Mathieu
Statoil Petroleum AS
Annual Report 2017
In 2017, NOFO (The Norwegian Clean Seas Association for Operating Companies) has once again experienced a high level of activity and completed many assignments.
With its numerous activities and frequent drills and training sessions, NOFO has demonstrated its ability to cover the needs of its members for robust oil spill preparedness on the Norwegian continental shelf. NOFO has carried out risk assessments of activities, and there has been a central focus on successful execution of HSE.
Throughout 2017, NOFO has focused on activities related to oil spill preparedness in areas with cold temperatures and ice. With such activities, NOFO has demonstrated the industry’s capacity to operate in remote areas in the Barents Sea.
- Richard Miller, Chairman of the Board
Visiting/delivery address Sandnes:
P.O. Box 8077, Forus
Phone: +47 51 56 30 00
Fax: +47 51 56 23 98
Mailing adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
NO 971 454 075 MVA
Visiting/delivery address Hammerfest: